Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The new Witkin abode

Sharon here-
Thought I'd share some pictures of our new home in Winston-Salem. Its a rental home so obviously we've done little other than move our furniture in. And its smaller than our other home but I find it quite cozy!





Michael's Room... you can't see Micheal's initials above his crib. They're light green and don't show up in the picture and make that canvas print look very lonely. :(



Den



Breakfast area/dining room

Kitchen



We call this the "chair room'... its where we use the computer although we've misplaced the key to the secretary- UGH! Across from the chairs is a laundry closet.

Hall from Michael's room to "chair room". Hall bathroom is on the left. You can see the stairs on the right. They lead to a finished attic with a "sitting area"- Spencer's study/getaway area, attic-like storage area and guest bedroom. I'd show you pictures but I tore the storage area apart looking for something the other day and pulled everything into the guest bedroom. Pictures for another day....
I love the arched doorways and telephone area in the hall here. The house was built in the 1920's.


Master Bedroom. You can tell this area has been added to the house. Its a nice addition. Although we had a ton more closet space in our other house, at least this bedroom has two closets. (better than the 1920's size closet in Michael's room). The other closet is across from the tv in the picture. Also, you can see boxes and an extra changing table just kinda hanging out in the hallway. We still have some rearranging/filtering to do- obviously we don't need two changing stations in this house. But, to the left of that hall is a master bath. There is a door at the end of the hall that leads to a deck. Personally, I could do without the backdoor access and would have preferred more bathroom room but hey, I wasn't around when the renovation was done. I also don't own the house which is way okay with me!

Like I said, we're liking our home and we're liking our new town. Things are good but man, do we miss our Lowcountry and our Lowcountry friends and family!!

1 comment:

Sam Crews said...

Great, Great pictures. It was a lot of fun to look at these tonight. Hope all is well. Sam Crews