Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Fun Wedding Weekend!

Sharon here....

Well, Spencer and I spent two weekends, back to back, in the upstate for two wonderful weddings. This past weekend we celebrated the marriage of his back-door childhood neighbor and close friend Warren Bray to his long-time girlfriend, Ashley.

We left mid-day on Friday for Greenville, had a fun rehearsal dinner Friday night at High Cotton, and the wedding took place at 1:00pm Saturday. They were married at St. Mary's Catholic Church and coincidentally selected the same readings and responsorial psalm that Spencer and I did! (not to mention we got married in St. Mary's in Charleston!) They're destined for a beautiful marriage! :)

I really enjoyed our time in Greenville. Because the wedding was in the middle of the day, we didn't have a lot of time to do much on Saturday. But we stayed downtown and I love, love, love Falls Park! Its fabulous! We went for a walk in the park early Saturday am and again Saturday night after a quick dinner. Everything about downtown Greenville was perfect and I'm looking forward to spending more time there- we'll maybe have to incorporate it more into our football weekends. Spencer enjoyed "re-discovering" Greenville, too, and kept saying, "I'm telling you, NONE of this was here when I was growing up." Its really amazing.

Spencer's mom rode with us to the wedding so we took her out for a belated Mother's Day brunch Sunday am before heading back to Beaufort. Here are some pics:




No comments: