Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baby Blues...

Sharon here... had a dr.'s appointment today which was really a good thing.

When I got home yesterday our new rug was in- YEAH! But I got a little over-anxious and picked it up and drug it into the house off the porch. The moment I did it, I knew I shouldn't have. Anyway, I decided after to lay down and take it easy. Spencer cooked dinner, I rested, I took a bath and went to bed. Around 9pm I realized I was having contractions. I was a little concerned but hey, didn't I read something about braxton-hicks contractions? I convinced myself yeah, I'm sure I'm okay. Then at 2:30am this morning, more contractions, followed by fear and tears. NOT GOOD! I woke Spencer up to make me feel better. I just knew this am at my scheduled doctor's appointment my doc would have me check into the hospital, hook me up to everything, stop my contractions and tell me I was on bedrest for the duration of my pregnancy.... but he didn't.

Love my doc- I really do. But he is SO laid back. Can you tell there may be some differences between me and my health care professional? Guess its a little like a marriage- we've gotta balance each other out.

So today at my appointment- no bedrest, no hospital check-in. Basically, at almost 33 weeks my dr. said, "yep, this is what is supposed to happen." He says I'll have contractions regularly and unless they are followed by pains or spotting, or if my water breaks, I'll be alright.

So after some calming down and a 3 Musketeers bar, I'm okay, the baby is okay and we're now ready for the next 7 weeks. There is still so much to be done but... oh well.

Baby's heartrate today was 145.

Talked to my mom today and she always makes me feel better. Funny, if my dad reads this post about my middle-of-the-night freak-out, he'll say (as he's shaking his head), "hormones." At this point, I'd have to agree. :) In my defense, though, I've never carried a baby 33 weeks. This pregnancy thing has been smooth sailing so far but from here on out, I'm going to anchor myself and try to be better ready for its curveballs!

2 comments:

Lillian Thomas said...

Hey Sharon!
I'm glad everything is OK! I've been meaning to comment to try and get your email address. I've gone private on my blog and I'm not sure if you'd still like to be a reader or not. :) Anyways, drop me an email at fortfremont@yahoo.com if you'd like!
Take care,
Lillian

LP17 said...

Phew! I bet lil' Witkin is just ready to meet everyone and has started stirring a little more. How exciting!!!