Monday, July 28, 2008

"The" Lake 2008

Rest and Relaxation...... in two words I just summed up our 10 day vacation to Spencer's family's lake house. No tv, 3 books red, long walks every day- except the one day we woke up at 5am to thunderstorms and it rained the entire day-, healthy cooking and fun baking. The trip was great minus our TERRIBLE travel time there and back. Let's just say we spent WAY too much time in the Philly airport and will likely NOT be traveling US Airways in the near future. It was crazy!!!!

But, back to reality and hello? Have you checked out my countdown to the left? I have less than 5 weeks left and I cringe everytime someone tells me a story of how their baby came early- NO, please don't tell me that! I am wanting every one of those days to get ready.

Here are some pictures:


I rode with Spencer while he played golf on the course where the BC Open tournament is held. The PGA tournament is typically the same week as the British Open and a few years ago Clemson alum, Jonathan Byrd won the tourney- that's the name Spencer, in his Clemson visor, is pointing to. I caught a few others of Spencer on the course:




We also enjoyed candlelight dinners by the lake-

and Spencer water skiied.


Spencer with his 13-year old sister, Anna...


It was a wonderfully relaxing and fun week at Lake Page!



1 comment:

isolada. by design said...

Glad you had a great trip! Tim missed a flight to NY for business because of US Air. He said the same thing...never again. Please share what books you read. I'm desperate for new stuff and totally out of touch as I don't frequent B&N as much as I used to.
Here's to the next 36 days!...Ana