Sunday, October 26, 2008

Michael's Baptism

I could not have asked for better weather, better company or a more special occasion... Michael's baptism was everything I could have ever asked for and more.

Father Cellini did a wonderful job; he personalized the ceremony and made it very special. Michael was baptized at St. Andrew's chapel in Bluffton- a tiny chapel used before the larger St. Gregory's church was built. This church has special family meaning. My grandparents- my mom's parents- bought a summer cottage in Bluffton, at Alljoy beach, in the 1950's. Mom and her seven brothers and sisters spent many summers in Bluffton and consequently, many Sunday mornings at St. Andrew's chapel. Six of the eight siblings were able to celebrate Michael's baptism with us. In addition, Michael wore my grandfather's baptism gown- the same gown worn by my mom and me and my sisters. It's beautiful and I know my grandfather would be happy and proud of all of us today!

Because the baptism took place outside our parish, it was a little difficult to schedule and we made many changes. Looking back at yesterday, I would not have changed all the back and forthing for the world. (although I'm sorry, because of the last minute changes, that everyone could not join us!) Here are the highlights in pictures:










Grandmothers

GodparentsParents and Grandparents

And all those there who were baptized in the Carl Hamburger baptisimal gown. :) .. except Donnie who was baptized in Uncle Donald's gown but we let him in the picture anyway!

AND THE PARTY AFTER....


I was getting a little silly here...great gifts though!

Sisters!

2 comments:

isolada. by design said...

Oh, Sharon. How very special, indeed. Thank you so much for sharing. It means a lot for those of us long distant, but in miles only! :) Many, many continued blessings for you and Spencer, for your darling son. XO...Ana & Tim

Caggiano-Ashby said...

we had a great time!!!!
mary