Homecoming weekend at The Citadel is like no other. Its so much fun to see graduates, from every fifth year, come together and celebrate as former cadets. The Citadel is a special place for Spencer and he carries fond memories of his time there.
We celebrated Spencer's "10-year" this weekend and had a blast. We stayed at the new Marriott on Lockwood- used to be a Sheraton and a Westin and a lot of other no-name hotels. It stands alone as the tall, used-to-be pink hotel there and now its is SUPER nice. Spencer and I got there right as the sun was setting over the Ashley and they have a cool new roof-top bar. We had a cocktail and went to the back of A.W. Shucks- part of the reunion weekend.
Class of 1997- Golf Company Guys
Spencer and I were good in that we didn't go out after the "reception" ended at 11pm. We did not, however, take time to eat a thing- too busy catching up with everyone. Oh yeah--- we were pulling up to the drive-thru window on BURGER ROW to eat at close to mid-night later that night. I know it helped us the next morning......
Spencer got up early for a run and we were able to walk over to The Citadel from our hotel for open barracks, parade and tailgating.

Isn't that incredible?! It was our first glimpse of inside the NEW second battalion.
I didn't get any pics of parade but after, we walked over to the stadium for tailgating. Bloody Marys, draft beer and grub.


Every fifth year class has the opportunity to walk on the field with current cadets.
It was a GREAT weeekend and I'm glad to be a part of Spencer and his classmates' celebration. Look forward to seeing everyone again, if not before, at #15!!
No comments:
Post a Comment