So this weekend's loss against Boston College was a hard pill for the Hazel's to swallow. The thought of heading to the ACC Championship was exciting and I must admit, I was starting to try to figure out how I could coordinate an Amelia Island stay with football in Jax. Oh well. I'm still hopeful for a win this weekend.
Mom and Dad rented a house on Lake Keowee for the week between Wake Forest and this game. Carolyn was in between Cola. Masters classes so she and John Thomas spent the week there, too. David and Spencer and I came to the house around 7pm Friday night. Daddy cooked porkchops and we had a good time visiting on Friday night.
Carolyn left weeee-early on Saturday for her last class of the semester and David and Spencer got 18-holes of golf in before tailgating. I stayed with Mom and Dad to pack the car and all the busyness made John Thomas quite sleepy...
John Thomas continued to nap as the rest of us started our tailgating at the Lake House.. Spencer LOVES Blue Moon beer and its orange works well with our Clemson colors.
At the tailgate, we were surprised when a special tailgating participant brought (DUM, DUM, DUM)..... JELLO SHOTS!
ANONYMOUS Jello-shooter
Football tickets- $50 each, Gas- EXPENSIVE, House that dad rented on the Lake- Free (to us), watching your parents take a jello shot- PRICELESS! The guy on the right is an anonymous internist that practices beside Daddy.
Can we just say- BLACKMAIL!!? :)
Not to worry, these grandparents were not in charge of their grandson John Thomas.
Here he is bundled up right before he sat in a press box for the game:
And for dinner- YUM!- a Beaufort Boil.
So, yeah, I guess you can't listen to me complain when I've obviously demonstrated we had a ton of fun. We do wish Clemson could've pulled through but we still had fun in Tigertown! We're 100% behind our Tigers this weekend.... Beat those COCKS!
No comments:
Post a Comment