Monday, September 15, 2008

Great and Grand

Sharon here...

On Friday, Spencer and I took Michael to meet my Grandmomma Hamburger who is now living in Charleston at a rehabilitation/assisted living home. It was a good visit.

My grandmomma, who is the mother of eight, grandmother of sixteen and great grandmother of ten, held Michael like it was second nature. I mean, who am I kidding, it had to be second nature. Spencer was impressed.

As we rode back from Charleston (a trip that was a MAJOR production and I'm happy to report we survived!), Spencer and I talked about how special grandmothers are. As Spencer said, there are few people in this world who will love you unconditionally- no matter how you act, what you say or what you do- and grandmothers are definitely one of them. He couldn't get over how much my grandmomma's face lit up the very moment she saw Michael.


Michael's very lucky to have her as his great grandmother. And it reminds me, too, how special of a grandmother she is to me!

2 comments:

Caggiano-Ashby said...

oh sharon, these are so sweet, she does love us so!
mary

Melina Záccaro Garcia said...

Sharon for sure it was a very special moment for you and for her...
Love
Melina