Spencer and I left the Croquet Tournament and headed to my cousin's house for a Hazel family reunion. Carolyn and David were our babysitters/transporters so Michael was there to enjoy the fun, too. I didn't take many pictures but it was a beautiful day and a lot of fun.
Here's one with the Kerr girls- Mary Frances, we missed you!! My dad's first cousin has three girls, too, all less than a year of age from the three Hazel girls. We'll get one with all 6 of us at Liz's wedding in July.
Sunday was the day my sister has been working for the past 4 years- is that right, Carolyn? Carolyn graduated from USC and received her Masters in Social Work (MSW) and the whole Hazel Family Plus was there to celebrate! We are very proud of you, Carolyn! Way to go! Job well-done! Now, go out there and make some BIG money!!!!
(please check out my dad... Spencer and I were convinced he would wear an orange tie to the service yet he refrained. Very nice of you, Dad!)
Finally, Sunday was Mother's Day and we started the day with Spencer's mom here for breakfast and ended the day with my mom in Columbia in a joint celebration of Carolyn's graduation and my mom's Mother's Day. Seemed a little crowded for me so I asked to celebrate my first Mother's Day LAST Sunday. Spencer took me to IHOP for breakfast- nothing fancy but they have my favorite, Nutella Crepes- YUM!!!- and I spent two hours sitting on the dock reading. That's where I'll be in heaven if you need me... enjoying the sunshine and open air. It was a great day but so was this past Sunday. I enjoyed all of the celebrating.... especially with my son!
1 comment:
these are great, thanks for sharing!
mary
Post a Comment