Carolyn here now that things have settled down I thought I should share our pics from Easter. we had a great weekend, John Thomas did better that I thought he would with dyeing eggs and it was great of David to have a rare day off on Good Friday. I tried to spend a lot of time explaining what Easter was about but I'm not sure how much he got it. Thursday night before John Thomas went to bed I was telling him about tomorrow being Good Friday because that was the day that Jesus died for our sins. His response? "and Daddy, go go get cakes!" Guess he was listening more to David telling him we would go to IHOP in the morning! The Easter bunny brought him a basketball goal, and future children will not be allowed to see the pics from John Thomas's first few holidays because there will not be the quite as many big toys since we will already have them! But the Basketball goal was a big hit and he is loving it (and his Daddy, I just finally had to insist it get taken outside!)Also a big hit was the play grill that Grandmama and Granddaddy got him, he has been cooking us hot dogs (and rice, don't know where he thought you could cook rice on a grill!) ever since. I enjoyed hosting my first big girl holiday at our house,even pulled out the china, little sad it will be the last since we are moving! Of course, since it was Master's sunday there had to be a little golf lessons in the front yard, and later on the Witkins came back over for egg salad sandwichs and then end of the Masters. It was a great weekend and a nice way to spend time w/ the family before the last (and busiest) weeks of school!
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Better late than never!
Carolyn here now that things have settled down I thought I should share our pics from Easter. we had a great weekend, John Thomas did better that I thought he would with dyeing eggs and it was great of David to have a rare day off on Good Friday. I tried to spend a lot of time explaining what Easter was about but I'm not sure how much he got it. Thursday night before John Thomas went to bed I was telling him about tomorrow being Good Friday because that was the day that Jesus died for our sins. His response? "and Daddy, go go get cakes!" Guess he was listening more to David telling him we would go to IHOP in the morning! The Easter bunny brought him a basketball goal, and future children will not be allowed to see the pics from John Thomas's first few holidays because there will not be the quite as many big toys since we will already have them! But the Basketball goal was a big hit and he is loving it (and his Daddy, I just finally had to insist it get taken outside!)Also a big hit was the play grill that Grandmama and Granddaddy got him, he has been cooking us hot dogs (and rice, don't know where he thought you could cook rice on a grill!) ever since. I enjoyed hosting my first big girl holiday at our house,even pulled out the china, little sad it will be the last since we are moving! Of course, since it was Master's sunday there had to be a little golf lessons in the front yard, and later on the Witkins came back over for egg salad sandwichs and then end of the Masters. It was a great weekend and a nice way to spend time w/ the family before the last (and busiest) weeks of school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
cute pictures!
mary
Great pics, Carolyn. The b-ball goal is perfect, but that play grill? The bomb! And I think John Thomas may just be on to something with grilling rice. Uhm. Have to give that some more thought! :)
Much luck & success for this end of semester!
Post a Comment