Friday, June 22, 2007

Picture Travels and House Offers

Sharon here...

Went last night to Walterboro to visit Mom and Dad. Carolyn, Michelle and I gave Mom and Dad a digital camera for Christmas last year. You might remember I spent a Sunday afternoon with Mom and Dad earlier this year for a tutorial. Well, they are good students but they didn't retain much (sorry, guys!). It was too easy to continue taking pictures and filling the memory card than to dum, dum, dum .... download them. So, Father's Day weekend I noticed they were not downloading to the computer and their memory card was full. They couldn't capture any pics from the weekend... I knew it was time for another lesson. Daddy did too and invited me for dinner last night so they could get a refresher.

We spent the evening trying to learn their picture enhancing program- ever heard of PicturePerfect? I use Photo Shop- and downloading pictures to a drugstore for printing. M&D wanted to email some of the pictures and we tried but for some reason, the computer was sending the pictures as huge, HUGE documents embedded into the message with attachments mega-bites big. Weird...

It ended up being a long night and I hope they learned some and I didn't confuse them. The email attachments had me baffled and frustrated.

Good news is Spencer and I got an offer on our home- the old home, the one we are paying a second mortgage on. That's the good news. The less-than-good news is the offer is lower than what we hoped. Spencer and I are meeting at lunch to discuss our counter. It should be interesting.... I already know Spencer wants to hold out for more money and I'm ready to get it all over with. Regardless, we're happy to have interest in the house and all we can do is go from here.

No comments: