This is what happened:
I've been playing in a Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals' Kickball League. Yes, this is a real league. I've even paid $$ to play (although most of that $$ goes toward beer!). I did get an official kickball tshirt. Don't believe me? Check out www.kickball.com. Our league is the Seaside Division in SC. Team Name: American Gladiators...... I'm STORM!
Each team MUST have at least four females on the field at a time... so all teams are co-ed. Spencer decided he didn't want to play and he has taken on the role as cheerleader.
Thursday was our fourth game, two outs and my turn "at bat/kick". I kicked the ball toward third base and was instructed to "run like hell". I did!
But the other team got the ball, threw it to the first baseman who then tried to tag me with the big red ball. Now, I'm running like hell and then cut quickly to avoid the guy with the big red ball when I felt a give in my right knee.
OH NO..... I started to tear-up. Then realized I was being a baby and immediately asked for someone to get me my beer. They helped me off the field and I put it up, put ice on it.. yadda, yadda.....the same thing anyone does when they injure themselves in a highly-competitive, athletic game. (except I was drinking the beer).
Went to the orthopedic on Friday who examined me, put me on crutches (which I have since DITCHED because they are more trouble than what they are worth), gave me a stabilizing brace and told me my ACL ligament was probably torn.
I go this afternoon for an MRI. Hope it is only sprained or strained and not torn. I'm frustrated more than anything... will keep all informed. YUCK!!
PS- Did I mention the name of the team we were playing? Team name: Huge Subpoenas- all attorneys. :)
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment