Believe it or not, Spencer and I are busy people. I like staying busy; Spencer...well, he goes along for the ride. He'd be fine sitting at home every night of the week catching the latest whatever-is-on-sports each night. Me? I have something scheduled at least 3 nights a week- during the week- and I like to know that I'm "doing SOMETHING" both nights of the weekend. I get bored very, very easily.
But this weekend. This weekend was completely laid back. We went out Friday night with some friends to Harold's Country Club. Saturday we worked around and laid around the house. I didn't leave the house all day long. I have to admit, though, that it was a really good weekend- and that's a very un-Sharon-like thing to say. It was nice to relax and it was nice to have few HAVE-TO-DOs.
So on this past Saturday night, Spencer went to the grocery store and bought and cooked our dinner. We enjoyed our yummy meal:
Nothing fancy but what else says SATURDAY NITE like steak, baked potato, some asperagus- we like ours more crispy than limp- some mushrooms and onions.. because the Witkins LOVE onions ...and a beer to boot!?! What a feast! My friend Ana is a gourmet chef and she would share a picture of her creation on her blog along with a list of all the seasonings she used. (thought about you Ana when I took this picture!!! One day we'll have to cook together and share our cooking on both our blogs!!)
This, though, was not one of those meals.... but plain, 'ol American Saturday Steak night was pretty dang good.
1 comment:
Looks delicious! Asparagus and onions are favorites, too. And getting together to cook and sit for a nice meal is a TO DO!
Ana
Post a Comment