Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sharon here...

I've decided if the rest of 2008 is anything like our first 7 days, Spencer and I will be doing a LOT of traveling.

We spent the New Year cheering our hearts out for the Tigers in the Chic-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta. We actually rang in the New Year on the Marta- if that's not a pre-cursor to a year of travel I don't know what is. Always fun to get away for a little while, but we spent our first day of the New Year in the car coming home... and could not find ANYWHERE on Highway 16 to get Hoppin John and collards. (there goes the luck and money-- which may mean we need to re-evaluate the travel!!)

Anyway, after a few days back to work, Spencer and I were off again. His great-aunt, Alberta, passed away in December. The memorial service was this past weekend in Upstate PA. We stayed with his cousin and his finance right across the border in New York state. Spencer's aunt was never married so she was more of a second grandmother to Spencer than an aunt. She lived to be 100- birthday in August 07- and the service served more like a true celebration.

Spencer's parents took baby Spencer up to PA to be baptized in the First Presbyterian Church of Hallstead back in 1975. The church has a lot of family history and means a lot to Spencer, his grandmother, her sisters, his dad and uncle. I couldn't help but snap a few pics...


Here is Spencer and his dad by the baptismal where he was baptised. :)

No comments: