Hi!
Sharon here.....Still having some computer/techno problems and I'd like to post probably more than I'll be able to- at least for now.
Baby Michael is sleeping peacefully in his Grand's arms. (Grand is the name Spencer's mom has decided she'd like to be called.) I am in the living room with the air up and fan blowing- I'm hot and I have to keep my baby warm.
We went to his first doctor's appointment today. Michael weighed 5lbs, 12 oz at birth and when we left the hospital on Wednesday, his weight dropped to 5lbs, 7 oz. Although he has been a good breastfeeder so far, my milk has not "come in" and his weight has dropped now to 5lbs, 4 oz. and its a concern for all of us. I'm now supplementing his feedings with an oz of formula and taking some meds to help my milk production. I'm better now and so is he but between the difficulty of getting out in the rain for the first dr.'s appointment (Thanks FAY!) and hearing concerning news, Michael and I both had a rough am. My momma took the phone away from me and made me rest. Spencer had the afternoon off and helped with the syringe feeding. Michael is now full and we're hopeful I'll begin to work the way God intended me to... to keep him happy and healthy.


:) Sharon and baby Michael
Sharon here.....Still having some computer/techno problems and I'd like to post probably more than I'll be able to- at least for now.
Baby Michael is sleeping peacefully in his Grand's arms. (Grand is the name Spencer's mom has decided she'd like to be called.) I am in the living room with the air up and fan blowing- I'm hot and I have to keep my baby warm.
:) Sharon and baby Michael
2 comments:
Hang in there Sharon! I know this can be such a trying time but things will start getting easier. Michael is such a handsome baby, and he sure is lucky to have two such wonderful and loving parents! We're keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers. :)
I know it must have been frightening and confusing to see your baby lose weight and to understand that you couldn't sustain him on your own...yet. It will be all right, Sharon. You are a good mother and Spencer a great dad. Michael will grow and thrive with your love, care, nurturing and protection. He is loved by so many...as you are. You have our prayers and blessings always...Ana
Post a Comment