Thursday, June 18, 2009

Beaufort Farwell- Act 1

I don't really even know how to start. Here it is- June 18 and its been almost 3 full weeks since we left and over that since we began saying our goodbyes. It wasn't until I hugged a former co-worker- I went to see both my hospital friends and Boys & Girls Club friends the Thursday before we left- that I realized, "oh my gosh, this is really happening." I'm still in a fog....

Spencer and I moved our things to Beaufort a few weeks before we were married and with a quick stop in Walterboro, we went from our flight home from our honeymoon to our new, rented home in Beaufort 8 years ago. It's where we became a married couple, where Spencer became a dentist, where we found our first "adult" friends, bought our first home and subsequently, our second.... Spencer became a business owner and boss and I became a fundraiser and finally a momma. The memories overcome me as I try to put into words the importance the little Lowcountry town and its people mean to me. Spencer and I moved to Beaufort as young twenty-somethings and left as more established, grounded 30-year old adults.

Just took a break to wipe away the crocodile years rolling down my face....

Its hard to stop and realize that we've moved and left the only place that Spencer and I knew as OUR home. Beaufort gave us the location and we created our little own personal legacy. It will always be a special place to us and the people who surrounded us there will always be a special part of who we are now and who we will become.

Still hard to reflect on all that Beaufort means to both of us. I loved living in Beaufort and I love our Beaufort friends!!

I'm so glad we got to know so many people. Friends who made up my Bunco group, book clubs, wine club, Junior Service League.... friends I worked with, drank lots of wine with, grew-up with. We celebrated the coming of lots of babies and had lots of fun parties.

I'll post the pictures of my Beaufort farwells. I had fun from start to finish while with these special friends and hope to see all in future visits and stay in touch with lots of emails and phone calls. Lots and lots of love...:)
______________________________________
Friends Brooks and Rion and Leigh and Jason hosted a "See you Later" party for the Witkin's and DeBruhl's the Thursday night before Spencer and I moved. The party was terrific and I can't thank our hosts enough for organizing such a special night for us!!! After this picture, my camera started acting up and it wasn't until later that I noticed it was just my card disk slide was open. It was an easy fix but by the time I resummed my picture taking, it was late and I missed so many friend picture opportunities. Carolyn has more pictures on her camera.

You girls are so, so wonderful! Thanks for a special night!!!




Leigh, momma to Jackson- Michael and my neighborhood walking partners.



We truly could not have asked for a more beautiful Beaufort setting or Beaufort night. Port Royal Landing was perfect and a wonderful place to enjoy the company of our Beaufort friends!!









And finally, Where Mr. Michael spent the great part of our packing- in his exersauser!!!

No comments: