Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ochos Rios, Jamica





In Ochos Rios we went on this neat plantation tour and saw some the the real beauty of the country. We also went to Dunns River Falls, where you can climb up the waterfall. David had done this when he came here with his family in high school and said it was fun and the waterfall really pretty. Well, the weather was iffy and had stormed earlier that day. After we left the plantation and headed towards the falls it started raining hard again. we decided to go ahead and climb, figuring what the heck, we are going to get wet anyways. well, we made it almost all the way to the top, but the water was really muddy and fast from the storm, the rain was stinging our backs, and we both got cut on the rocks. One lady in our group almost fell then there was a big clap of thunder and lightning. I looked at David and said, the Sammy in me says I want to finish this thing, but the Stella in me says this is no fun and I want to get off! So that was a little more of an adventure than I had signed up for! by far the best part of the day was when our driver took us to this little out of the way shack for the best jerk chicken! (and red stripe beer too of course!) It was worth being one of the last people back on the boat and worrying if we were going to be left behind!

1 comment:

Caggiano-Ashby said...

you are brave to try the falls, when we were there the weather was nice and I didn't want to try it then!
I didn't know ya'll were going on a cruise. FUN FUN! I love to cruise! We were in the Bahamas, we surprised the boys. It was fun, but we had a couple rainy afternoons. I'll post pictures on our blog (for Sharon) :) and on FB. I can't believe your mom is on FB!!! I told mama it looked like I was going to have to sign her up. Glad you had fun.