Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas at the Witkins

I must admit, I did not do a good job of taking pictures this holiday weekend. I got a few but they're not reflective of the fun and festivity!

We had a GREAT Hazel Christmas in Brunson on Sunday night. With John Thomas and Callie and William (and of course their grandparents) there are lots of pictures. I'm sure Carolyn will post some of those later. Food was terrific- we had pork tenderloin, turkey AND a wonderful seafood casserole and oyster rice (at the request of Uncle Billy).

New house = new Christmas decorations. Carolyn likes to tease me about it but my now living room furniture (used to be den furniture in the other house) is green and pink. I'm sorry but Christmas reds and greens look terrible with the soft green and pink in my furniture. I found terrific stockings that were curled-toed and deep pink and bright green (matchy but not too much) and my tree was always decorated in complete silver (courtesy of Mother-in-Law hand-me-downs and add-ons through the years). If I must say so, it worked well.

New house = different story. My now den furniture is brown, gold and all very woody. Needless to say, my pink and green curled-toed cute stockings were just not going to do.

So I bought new stockings- will add picture later- and had to regroup. I bought an artificial tree for the dining room for all of my formal silver ornaments:


Its kinda hard to see the ornaments here....

Anyway, the den is open to the second floor which makes it look big but the square footage is not a lot. I couldn't figure out where to put the tree so I put it on the porch- this way we could enjoy it from the den without sacrificing den space. These are all new 2007 ornaments:


I tried to get an up close of the butterflies... I LOVE THEM!

No comments: