Friday, December 07, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree

Carolyn, John Thomas and I went to the Hospice Festival of Trees today for lunch. I helped decorate some of the trees with the Junior Service League earlier this week and its fun to see everything all come together. A local caterer sells small lunch plates and it makes for a perfect lunch excursion/hour.... so good that its the second time this week I've met friends there for lunch and a little Christmas spirit.

Our outing today was unfortunately close to John Thomas's nap time so he was a little less than his normal, ideal self. He was good and ate a hot dog while still strapped in his stroller but after a while, he began to get a little ant-sy!


He liked the trees and all the lights but liked the isles and the freedom to run just as much....

As we tried to make it around the gym to see all the trees, he got fussier and fussier. I wish the whole 'Santa's watching' trick would work because he got a little naughty. He was yanking my earrings out, slapping my head and arching his back in defiance...But he is my sweet nephew and I forgave him. By the time we reached the Santa decorated tree, I put the word in that John Thomas is mostly sweet and he does deserve a few presents this year. :)

No comments: